Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered virus. Coronavirus is a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe disease such as middle east respiratory syndrome (MERS – CoV) and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS – CoV). COVID-19 spreads between people through direct, indirect (through contaminated objects or surface) or close contact with an infected person via mouth and nose secretions. People with the virus in diagnosis may leave infected droplets on objects and surfaces. Coronavirus2 (SARS – CoV-2) was first identified in December 2019 in Wuhan China and has since spread rapidly developing into a full-blown pandemic. Symptoms may develop 2 days to 2 weeks following exposure to the virus.
#DRIF21 Covid-19 Protocols
- Participants and Country Hosts must wear masks at all times.
- Country Hosts must ensure that they enforce the wearing of masks.
- There must be social distancing during the event. Country Hosts must ensure compliance.
- Country Hosts must ensure venues are properly sanitized frequently during the sessions being hosted. All frequently used surfaces must be cleaned and disinfected.
- Country Hosts must ensure that there are sanitizers for participants and must enforce sanitizing of hands for participants on entering the session venue at all times using the recommended hand sanitizers within their country.
- Participants must avoid coughing or sneezing into the air. They are reminded to cough or sneeze into the elbow or use a tissue and safely dispose of it.
- Participants must avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Participants must stay at home and follow the event virtually if feeling unwell.
- Country Hosts must comply with all other national guidelines on hosting physical meetings.
- Country Hosts must ensure that they have emergency healthcare contacts in case of emergency. The details must be accessible to participants during the session.
Symptoms of Covid-19
Most common symptoms
- Dry cough
Less common symptoms
- Aches and pains
- Sore Throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- A rash on the skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
- Difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest pain or pressure
- Loss of speech or movement